Weekend feelings are upon us - the excited, hopeful, electrifying thoughts that run through one’s head on Fridays. What could you do, see or experience? Or, what could you not do to give you a mental vacation?
So many choices.
Whatever you decide to do this weekend, don’t forget to read about these Friday Favorites. They’re worth taking a deeper look into -- some cool collaborations are taking place that are truly inspiring.
- Luxury French brand Hermes and iconic South African ceramics brand Ardmore collaborated to produce a range of silk scarves that feature African themes from an art collective of Zulu, Zimbabwean and Sotho potters.
- Finland meets Japan with the homeware collaboration between Iittala and Issey Miyake. Entitled “Pause for Harmony” it celebrates the living in the moment and giving full attention to daily rituals.
- Rihanna and footwear legend Manolo Blahnik team up to create on a limited edition capsule collection; the shoes are primarily denim as the core material embellished with sequins and embroidery.
- Bridal designer, Monique Lhuillier, launched a 120-piece capsule collection with Pottery Barn Kids -- this collaboration is full of romantic whimsy.
- Wallpaper just got interesting - Swedish design group, Front, and Eco Wallpaper launched a wallpaper collection that tricks the eye, almost. Dramatic depth, shading and shadows give these patterns an optical illusion.