Once again the weekend has arrived and we can’t wait for a recharge.
Our hometown of the San Francisco Bay Area is experiencing serious rain. We have taken advantage of the stormy weather to bring our favorite Friday Links that will make you want to get cozy and explore the whimsical decor and products, intriguing art and interesting reads.
- Vincent Van Gogh’s tumultuous life will be captured in a biopic film, which will be made entirely of animated paintings and characters created by the artist.
- Cynthia Kittler, a talented German illustrator, created darling black-and-white illustrations chronicling the story behind 100 perfumes over the past century for Lizzie Ostrom’s new book A Century of Scents.
- Upside down hanging floral arrangement is a DIY project that gives a nod to the upcoming spring weather and will be sure to quell any boredom for just about any age group.
- The Academy of Book Cover Designers just released the awards to their winners -- the talent and craftsmanship shown through is astounding and inspirational.
- A new concept store, officially dubbed Wer-Haus, makes us want to visit Barcelona ASAP. It houses an incredible gallery and art-bookstore which then gives way to an expansive café, and, last but not least, a cutting-edge men’s fashion store.
- Just because this made us smile.